This is the year of the horse. This is my year . . . was my year . . . almost over, it’ll end in February. If I took a step back from all the chaos and clutter of what this year brought me, the thoughts I have in the moment, and the emotions that I’m facing in overdrive, I would say my individual progression has had a rapid growth. A good way to begin in a new direction. An unknown and scary path, but a path filled with hopes and dreams of chasing a life I want.
I have come a long way since this time in 2013. I don’t exactly remember what thoughts were preoccupying my mind during 2013, but I’m sure it was me trying to remain optimistic with negative thoughts creeping in and out.
Even though there’s a big part of me that feels like I’ve been lazy and did absolutely nothing, looking back on what I’ve actually done made me realize I have accomplished a great deal this year. I have given myself crap and beaten myself up over the things I have neglected to do, but I have yet to acknowledge the things I have accomplished. I think this is the perfect time to reflect on my achievements.
I am so grateful for the choices I have made. The steps I’ve taken to lead me in this new direction. My mind is clearer and I am happier. I feel my life becoming more stable and I’m maturing into a better me. There’s still a lot to work on, but I am satisfied on the newly discovered path. I don’t think of self-destruction. I think of motivation and self-empowerment. I think of strength and optimism. I think of my goals and the dreams I enjoy chasing. I think of healthy living and enjoying life. It’s a kind a self-fulfillment and I will not let go of it.
What have I done in 2014?:
- Mario, Make Me a Model Audition – Didn’t get in, but was called back for a Mario Tricoci Urban Hair Native Show as a presentation model AND was one of the few who was called back from Factor Women.
- Found Help for my depression, currently working through my anxiety.
- Hired a personal trainer to help me get in shape, especially because I’m limited to a lot of basic exercises due to my neck
- Not only am I exercising regularly, I am also eating healthier.
- Started a blog and I’m writing consistently: for my blog and for myself
- Signed with Stewart Talent Agency
- Personally Gained: independence, patience, confidence, self-esteem, etc.
I have succeeded in a lot of different parts in my life. It is time for a new adventure. It’s time to create new goals and take more steps forward. I am excited for what’s to come. I am excited for tomorrow. I am excited for the upcoming year. There will be struggles. There will be obstacles. There will be heartache. And there will be many times that I will possibly break down in tears. But, I am pumped to continue growing into a better person, to pursue my dreams, to chase my happiness, to love myself, and love what I do. This is me and I’m ready to welcome 2015.